Monday, March 22, 2010

Review: Mini Cœur de Lion Brie

Price: $5.99 for 5
Where to buy: Grande Cheese Factory Outlet, Highland Farms

I cannot find any official information on this cheese online. Anywhere. And I looked, trust me. So, you are stuck with pictures I took of the cheese/packaging (and not a full pack because it’s too good to not eat).

I love cheese, and there is nary a cheese I won’t eat. So, when my father-in-law offered me my first bag of these, I jumped at the chance.


5 mini bries (25g each) come in a mesh bag (similar to how you get Babybel). Each one is 70 calories, with 5g of fat. They are small in size (1 inch diameter, ½ inch in height), but they go far.
One brie is about the size of a saltine.
The cheese is soft, and creamy, and easy to spread. Like it’s bigger sisters (cheese is female, right?), each brie has a rind, which make it easy to cut and separate into quarters (or sixths, if you’re like me and want it to last). It's creamier than regular brie.

The cost is about the only downside, at more than $1 a piece. But it’s totally worth it to me, and way better than buying a bag of chips when I’m feeling peckish.

I cut it into 6 pieces and eat with saltines. It makes a great mid-afternoon snack. All I’m missing is a glass of wine…but I don’t think my boss would appreciate that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment